There are 2 main requirements for keeping your pool in shape:
1. Proper Filtration
Pool water must be circulated and filtered. If your filter doesn't operate properly, neither will the products you add to keep the pool clean and clear.
Make sure the filtration / circulation system is in clean operating order and runs long enough each day. In summer, operate the system a minimum of 8-10 hours a day. In the winter, your filter system should run at least 4 hours a day.
2. Proper Maintenance
There are 3 basic steps in routine maintenance:
Sanitise to kill bacteria continuously
Remove wastes to make the water sparkling clear
Prevent algae growth
BioGuard® simplifies this treatment with the Once-A-Week Pool care Program. Also remember to keep your pool clean through regular vacuuming, brushing the sides, and emptying the skimmer basket and the pump's hair & lint basket.
Pool Care : Once-A-Week Poolcare Program
BioGuard® first recognised the need to simplify the pool care process when we asked pool owners the following question: "What do you expect the pool chemicals to do?"
Pool owners continually tell us they expect the water to be:
Protected from the growth of bacteria
Really clear... sparkling
Free from algae growth
The responses we received from pool owners are the focus of the BioGuard® Once-a-Week Poolcare Program and its range of pool care products. BioGuard® makes pool care even easier. You can take the guesswork out of pool care with the BioGuard®Once-a-Week Poolcare Program.
The General Pool Care General Pool Care and Salt Pool Partners programs give you an easy-to-understand maintenance plan to follow with three simple steps. Whether you have a freshwater pool or a salt pool, BioGuard® provides a simple maintenance program that will keep your pool safe, sparkling and algae free all year round.
Once-A-Week Poolcare. What could be easier?
The BioGuard® Once-A-Week Poolcare Program is the easiest way to keep your pool sparkling clean. In just 5 minutes a week (or less), you can add all the products your pool needs. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 with once-a-week simplicity!
- BioGuard® Smart Sticks® for continuous sanitation.
- BioGuard® Lite for sparkling water.
- BioGuard® Back Up Algae Inhibitor II to prevent algae growth
- BioGuard® Smart Sticks® kill bacteria continuously by maintaining the proper chlorine level in your pool.
- Smart Sticks contain Smart Guard, which prevents them from dissolving too fast - Smart Sticks last all week, and up to twice as long as ordinary chlorine.
- Smart Sticks are easy on pool surfaces, pumps, filters and other equipment and can be used all year round.
Step 2: Add BioGuard® Lite to remove non-filterable wastes and keep pool water sparkling clear
- BioGuard® Lite gives you the benefit of both an oxidiser and clarifier in one.
- Lite requires no mixing - it's added directly to your pool and dissolves almost instantly to begin its work destroying wastes and odours.
- Unlike other shock treatments, swimmers can return to the pool within 15 minutes after application.
Step 3: Add BioGuard® Back Up Algae Inhibitor II to prevent algae
- BioGuard® Back Up II works with Smart Sticks and Lite to prevent algae before it starts.
- Back Up II clears water and offers protection throughout the week.
- It won't stain pool surfaces.
- Back Up II won't evaporate.
- Ideal for controlling mustard algae.
- Highly concentrated formula
If algae is already a problem in your pool, BioGuard® offers an extensive selection of algae killers. There are 4 common types of algae - green, black, pink and mustard. Each type requires a different treatment.
See Davison Pool and Spa Services or Phone: 02 4984 7500 to find out the best treatment for your pool.